Big fluffy snowflakes are whirling outside and it’s time for the annual Year summary, which reflects my experiences in the city (Berlin).
Thank you Justice Yeldham, Bruce LaBruce, Nick Zedd and Air Cushion Finish for quoting/featuring me on your websites!
I shall start with some blog stats, as they were pretty interesting to follow through the year. I am truly glad you found my blog helpful and interesting and I am thankful for the shares. In fact WordPress shows the stats only since February 25.
TOP 5 country readers:
Top 5 search terms:
Lydia Lunch 509 times
holi open air festival 160 times
futurism 158 times
die antwoord 141 times
spreepark 141 times
The most amusing things people were searching for and came to my blog ( I am not asking for explanation):
cycling orgasm lock pedals
cà phê thuốc lá
funny pics with people that have an attached tongue
prison turned into theme park
women on bicycles with their clits showing
fucking 10 percapita
avant 8 bit
how to stop your porn from glitching ( this is my absolute favorite)
how am i suppose to attend too many party (split in three?)
- – The place of the year: Tempelhof airport ( this is the most amazing open air space in Berlin. Huge expenses stretching away welcome sport lovers, families with BBQ and their gardens, flying snakes, cyclists cutting the roads where airplanes used to take off…)
- The person of the year: Lydia Lunch. Lydia, we should have met earlier. Lydia knows how to live. Read this if you haven’t yet ➝ PARADOXIA
- The film of the year: The Cook the Thief His Wife & Her Lover (the film I watched in 2012) – that’s the first one that comes to my mind. It’s sick, unusual and very sensitive too!
- The Fact of the year: In Berlin there are more people partying than working. Metro at night has more traffic than at 8am and 6pm working days. I am not sure if it’s good or bad..
- The band of the year: Death Grips. They did surprise me like noone else!
- The concert of the year: there were quite a few. But i got extremely sentimental during MONO show and fell in love with the guitar player. I was also truly thankful to them for sharing their tour Instragram photos which made their travelling especially intimate and open. Yet, I shall admit I was totally taken away by sexually charged The Mars Volta concert. It was epic.
- The song of the year: Last.fm stats insist on Die Antwoord – Baby’s on Fire, but I feel like: Yo La Tengo – Everyday
- The event of the year: This year I’ve attended more events than within the entire life before it. 7. Porn Film Festival Berlin. Best organisation: friendly, cosy, open, chilled. Always provided an introduction to each film with nice commentary, introduced guests who came from all over the world and never let down! Always great film selection( for all kind of tastes) and this year the audience had a chance to enjoy The Golden Age of porn. They even screened THE DEVIL IN MISS JONES on 16mm old projector, it was a lovely noise! Thank you!
- The book of the year: PARADOXIA. Screwed my mind.
- Quote of the year: oh man, TOO many. Let me share a few:
“You never seem to get really warm, sleeping alone”
“I love you, even if there isn’t any me, or any love, or even any life. I love you.”
— Zelda Fitzgerald
“Oxygen gets you high. In a catastrophic emergency, you’re taking giant panicked breaths. Suddenly you become euphoric, docile. You accept your fate. It’s all right here”
- Food of the year: this year I was introduced to Honey Pomelo. I was quite surprised about the size of it. €1,79 at Netto.
- Animal of the year: Dog. Berlin is city of dogs. Simple as that.
- The disappointment of the year: fashion on Internships. Hurts like fuck!
- The achievement of the year: I joined German classes and on the 31st of Dec I am finishing B1!
- Image of the year: There were two amazing images taken in Berlin this year and which became viral within a day.
Merry Xmas and Happy New Year!